Thursday, January 9, 2014

Marry Your Best Friend: Why it's important to a lasting marriage


"Till death do us part"

How do you choose the person to share your life with? How do you choose the person to have and raise a family with? The person who will be with you through births, graduations, and deaths? 

Over the course of my own marriage, I have become painfully aware of how a lot of my own friends and family members have settled for less that they deserve. Be it through verbal abuse, constant unkindness, or just lack of respect & friendship all together. Maybe that is part of why infidelity is so common and why divorces happen left and right.


For me, I was so lucky to find a partner who is my (nearly) perfect match. He is kind, caring, a total badass, has a sweet gentleness, loving father, passionate husband, slow to anger, quick to forgive, selfless, family centered husband. He is my best friend and I couldn't have found a better person to spend my days with. A spouse should be your cheerleader and champion your accomplishments. They truly should be your biggest fan! They will set an example for the kind of person your children marry. 

I feel for those who married but ended up with a roommate. Living lives seperate from one another. That's not to say that you shouldn't have your own autonomy (I love my mom's groups & clubs). Part of spending a lot of time together, means not sweating the little things and remembering why you fell for that person to begin with! 

And so I implore you all to find a spouse who can be your best friend. One who lifts you up, makes you feel loved and cared about, makes you feel special, and who you LOVE to be around. But most importantly, be that spouse yourself!

Welcome Home.




No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you. Feel free to leave your thoughts :)