Thursday, January 16, 2014

DIY Edible Bathtub Paint

My daughter has two favorite things she loves to do above all else. Taking a bath & painting. Since I am slightly OCD about messes, I thought combining the two would be a perfect solution. I make my own paint for Elena, using typical pantry ingredients. This is edible paint but it doesn't taste great so Elena doesn't eat it (though she always taste tests it before playing).


What you'll need:

2/3 c warm water
2/3 c flour 
1 TBS sugar
1 tsp salt
Food coloring

Whisk all of the ingredients in a bowl until smooth. I pour the colorless base into bowls or a muffin tin and then add the food color gel or drops. Mix each one thoroughly and enjoy! We haven't tried scenting the paint but that would be something neat to add to the sensory play. 

It is so easy and she really enjoys painting herself as well! :) I haven't experienced any staining in the tub or on my daughter so that's a big plus. 


Sometimes we draw shapes and animals with the paint and talk about the colors. Today we drew letters and talked about the ABC's. We try to learn and play together often & this is just one of the many ways we do that. How do you make learning fun?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you. Feel free to leave your thoughts :)