Monday, January 13, 2014

Cleveland 5k Color Run


The Color Run is coming to Cleveland on May 10th of this year. I may still be in the early weeks of training but I am setting this as my goal. 4 months from now (yes, I am web-committing) myself, my husband, and as many friends as I can wrangle are going to run this 5k. I'm sure a lot of you are thinking, "5k, big whoop!" but everyone starts somewhere and this is my 1st 2014 running goal. 

I have no illusions of winning this race in the traditional sense. Winning 1st place for me will be completing the race without walking. This means fighting the temptation to run as hard as I can at the start and then burning out shortly thereafter. In all honesty, I can barely make it a mile (@ a snail paced jog) before being completely wiped but over the past couple weeks my detirmination has helped me improve quickly. With continued hard work, I should be ready to make this lofty goal of mine :)

So here's my shout out to those of you in Northeast Ohio, challenge yourself and join our team. We will be a "no member left behind" group. Comment if you are interested in joining us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you. Feel free to leave your thoughts :)