Monday, January 6, 2014

DIY Holiday Tutu Tutorial

The holiday season this year came in like a tornado and left me scurrying to try and get as much done as I could. I bought red and white tulle with the intent of making a Christmas tutu. Not only did I not make it, I have no clue when it would have been worn. Today's nap time was full of crafting and blogging. I finished this tutu for Valentines Day and I'm glad that I (somehow) got ahead of schedule! 
Here's how to make your child a tutu :)

You'll Need:
2 25 yard rolls of tulle
Stretchy crochet headband
Scissors
1-2 hours (if you can find it!)


Cut your tulle into strips that are twice the desired length. Tie in half on the thick crochet stitches. I started doing white on the bottom and red on top but found it easier to do all the white along the bottom then finish with the red. 


Make your way all the way around the headband. For a thicker tutu, you could always add more tulle pieces.

 

Tip: Avoid glittery tulle like the plague. Do not fall under the glitter tulle's spell, unless of course you enjoy cleaning up glitter for the next 3 months. I learned my lesson so that you don't have to. Your welcome. 
These can easily be hung on hangers and that is the best way we have found to store them. Please comment below if you have any questions. Happy Crafting!

Welcome Home.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so happy to hear from you. Feel free to leave your thoughts :)